This CoQ-10 supplement helps support heart health, protect healthy arteries against LDL oxidation, and replenish natural CoQ-10 lost due to age, illness, and various lifestyle and environmental factors.
CoQ-10 for Heart Health
• Your heart beats 100,000 times a dayA POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO LOW LEVELS OF CoQ10
CoQHeart® with Q-Trol™
CoQHeart features an all-natural proprietary blend of 100 mg CoQ10 plus resveratrol in a bioavailable softgel. CoQ10 has been shown to:
• Support energy production in the heart*CoQHeart also contains resveratrol, which has been shown in laboratory studies to help relax blood vessels and promote healthy blood flow.*
TWO CLINICALLY TESTED KEY INGREDIENTS
CoQ10 is a fat-soluble nutrient produced in the body and present in all cells. Higher concentrations of this nutrient are found in organs that work extra hard and require a significant amount of cellular energy to function, such as the heart, the liver, the kidneys, and the pancreas.
CoQ10 is vital to the trillions of cells in the body that must make their own energy to survive. To make energy, cells burn sugars and fats that come from the foods we eat. These nutrients are broken down and carried through an energy-producing pathway that requires CoQ10. This energy-producing process is repeated thousands of times a second and fuels your beating heart and other body organs that require a continuous flow of energy. Without CoQ10, cells would not be able to produce energy and organs would not be able to function properly.
CoQ10 is also known for its potent antioxidant activity, protecting cell membranes from free radicals. As an antioxidant, CoQ10 helps protect arteries against the oxidation of low density lipoproteins (LDL). This is important as it helps promote the function of blood vessels, including those that transport blood to the heart.
Resveratrol is a phytonutrient found in red wine, red-grape skins, and purple grape juice. Like CoQ10, resveratrol plays a role in heart and blood vessel health. In laboratory studies, resveratrol has been shown to help reduce the oxidation of LDL and to promote blood vessel relaxation. The more relaxed blood vessels are, the wider they open to promote healthy blood flow.
DIETARY INTAKE OF CoQ10
Dietary intake helps maintain CoQ10 levels. However, the amount of CoQ10 consumed from foods is typically less than 10 mg a day. Supplementation is beneficial; to get the same 100mg of CoQ10 in CoQHeart, you would have to eat 6 ¼ pounds of beef or 100 cups of broccoli.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY
What makes Shaklee CoQHeart® unique?
• Healthy adults 18 and older concerned about their heart function and artery health.
• Adult men and women who take certain medications that may lower CoQ10 levels in the blood.
• If pregnant, nursing, or if taking blood thinning or blood pressure medications, consult your physician prior to using CoQ10. For more information about coq10 please click on the link title below:
Review: Shaklee CoQ-10 Supplement for Heart Health
Page Upated 3:09 PM Tuesday 8/4/2015