This CoQ-10 supplement helps support heart health, protect healthy arteries against LDL oxidation, and replenish natural CoQ-10 lost due to age, illness, and various lifestyle and environmental factors.
CoQ-10 for Heart Health
Did you know that your heart pumps approximately 2,000 gallons of blood throughout your body every day?
As the hardest-working muscle in your body, and also, the circulatory system’s main control center, your heart requires a large amount of energy in order to function properly. That energy becomes available to your heart with the help of a nutrient called coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), which also plays a major role in supporting blood vessel health.
My cardiologist recommended I take slow release niacin, or B3, to help my body lower cholesterol. My primary care physician told me that niacin tends to deplete CoQ10, so I should take a CoQ10 supplement. So, What IS this mysterious substance?
Normally, CoQ10 is produced naturally by the body and is present in all its cells. Dietary intake of foods containing this vital nutrient normally helps maintain CoQ10 levels. However, the amount of CoQ10 consumed from foods is typically somewhat less than 10 mg a day. Additionally, factors such as poor diet, aging, and daily exposure to free radicals may increase your need for this crucial nutrient.
DID YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT YOUR HEART AND CoQ10?
• Your heart beats 100,000 times a day
A POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO LOW LEVELS OF CoQ10
• The aorta, the largest artery in the body, is almost the diameter of a garden hose
• The use of certain medications can reduce CoQ10 levels in the blood
CoQHeart® with Q-Trol™
Help Power a Healthy Heart*
CoQHeart features an all-natural proprietary blend of 100 mg CoQ10 plus resveratrol in a bioavailable softgel. CoQ10 has been shown to:
• Support energy production in the heart*
CoQHeart also contains resveratrol, which has been shown in laboratory studies to help relax blood vessels and promote healthy blood flow.*
• Promote and protect healthy arteries against LDL oxidation*
• Help replenish and maintain CoQ10 levels in the blood*
TWO CLINICALLY TESTED KEY INGREDIENTS
CoQ10 is a fat-soluble nutrient produced in the body and present in all cells. Higher concentrations of this nutrient are found in organs that work extra hard and require a significant amount of cellular energy to function, such as the heart, the liver, the kidneys, and the pancreas.
CoQ10 is vital to the trillions of cells in the body that must make their own energy to survive. To make energy, cells burn sugars and fats that come from the foods we eat. These nutrients are broken down and carried through an energy-producing pathway that requires CoQ10. This energy-producing process is repeated thousands of times a second and fuels your beating heart and other body organs that require a continuous flow of energy. Without CoQ10, cells would not be able to produce energy and organs would not be able to function properly.
CoQ10 is also known for its potent antioxidant activity, protecting cell membranes from free radicals. As an antioxidant, CoQ10 helps protect arteries against the oxidation of low density lipoproteins (LDL). This is important as it helps promote the function of blood vessels, including those that transport blood to the heart.
Resveratrol is a phytonutrient found in red wine, red-grape skins, and purple grape juice. Like CoQ10, resveratrol plays a role in heart and blood vessel health. In laboratory studies, resveratrol has been shown to help reduce the oxidation of LDL and to promote blood vessel relaxation. The more relaxed blood vessels are, the wider they open to promote healthy blood flow.
DIETARY INTAKE OF CoQ10
Dietary intake helps maintain CoQ10 levels. However, the amount of CoQ10 consumed from foods is typically less than 10 mg a day. Supplementation is beneficial; to get the same 100mg of CoQ10 in CoQHeart, you would have to eat 6 ¼ pounds of beef or 100 cups of broccoli.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR HEART HEALTHY
THE SHAKLEE DIFFERENCE
- Watch what you eat. A diet low in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium—but high in fiber—promotes a healthy heart.
- Achieve a healthy weight. Too many calories and not enough exercise can promote weight gain. Modest weight loss of 5%–10% of your weight can improve heart health, if overweight.
- Stay Active. Get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. Even a simple but brisk walk can make a big difference.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking makes your heart work harder and can increase blood pressure.
- Laugh more. Studies show laughing can relax blood vessels and contribute to a healthy heart.
- Take your supplements. Supplement your diet with CoQHeart®, which delivers 100 mg of CoQ10 plus resveratrol in a bioavailable softgel.
What makes Shaklee CoQHeart® unique?
WHO SHOULD TAKE CoQHEART?
- This Shaklee product contains a proprietary blend of CoQ10 and resveratrol, ingredients that help produce energy to power your heart
- Makes use of a heart-healthy olive oil delivery system
- All natural ingredients
• Healthy adults 18 and older concerned about their heart function and artery health.
• Adult men and women who take certain medications that may lower CoQ10 levels in the blood.
• If pregnant, nursing, or if taking blood thinning or blood pressure medications, consult your physician prior to using CoQ10.
For more information about coq10 please click on the link title below:
If you need more information about heart health you will find a very informative website at Natural-Health.MyShaklee.com.
coq10 | heart health | heart disease prevention