Here's how to maintain a healthy immune system. Help your body respond to the challenges of seasonal changes by giving your immune system the support it needs to stay strong. To strengthen your immune system when you feel that first tickle, take Shaklee Defend and Resist Complex for Immune System Support
Your immune system serves to protect your body from bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other harmful organisms which can harm your health. At particular times of the year, when you’re more likely to be slowed down by challenges to your immune system, it becomes especially important to keep your immune system up to speed.
Scientific studies appear to tell us that, along with a healthy diet, and getting enough rest, consuming certain herbal supplements can help you be prepared for the moment when you first feel the need to bolster your immune system.
Defend & Resist Complex is one such immune system supplement which can help your body respond to seasonal challenges by giving your immune system what it needs to stay strong.*
Review: Shaklee Defend & Resist Complex Immune System Supplement
What Is Defend & Resist Complex?
Defend & Resist Complex is a proprietary blend of standardized extracts of echinacea, black elderberry, and larch tree with immunoactive arabinogalactans to stimulate the body’s natural resistance during seasonal challenges. Shaklee Defend & Resist Complex also contains zinc, which is known to help support a healthy immune function.*
This immune system supplement comes in convenient tablets which may be swallowed, dissolved in the mouth then chewed, or crushed and mixed with hot water to drink as a tea.
How Does Defend & Resist Complex Work?
Each of the ingredients in Shaklee Defend & Resist Complex is believed to promote well-being by supporting and strengthening the immune system.*
By stimulating the body’s natural resistance*
• Echinacea, which is native to the North American continent, was first used by the native peoples of the New World. Also known as purple coneflower, Echinacea is a perennial flower that resembles a black-eyed Susan.
The Echinacea in Shaklee Defend & Resist Complex is an extract of both the herb and the root of the most studied herb species, Echinacea purpurea. Recent studies have shown that Echinacea can help your body respond to seasonal challenges by giving your immune system the support it needs to stay strong and help you fight off infections and certain illnesses.
A basis for understanding how echinacea works comes from laboratory studies showing cichoric acid and alkylamides, compounds found at high concentrations in Echinacea purpurea, have strong immunostimulating activity.*
Six tablets of Shaklee Defend & Resist Complex per day provide 168 mg of Echinacea extract, concentrated 6:1 to reliably provide the equivalent of over 1,000 mg of dried herb. In addition, the Echinacea is extracted from cultivated plants, which not only helps guarantee the quality of the raw materials, but also helps protect increasingly rare wild plants from being over-harvested.
By maintaining a healthy immune response*
• Black elderberry The elderberry has been involved in human history for centuries. The generic name sambucus may come from the Greek sambuke, a musical instrument made from elderberry wood and said to be capable of making music to heal the spirit.
Black elderberries (Sambucus nigra) are a rich source of antioxidant compounds called anthocyanidins and polyphenols. Scientific studies have shown that elderberry extract can help the body maintain a healthy immune response.*
By enhancing immune support*
• Larch tree The larch tree (Larix occidentalis) is a deciduous conifer — a member of the pine family that loses its needles each year. Only 10 species of larch occur in the world, mostly in the colder areas of the northern hemisphere. Larches are commonly called "tamaracks" in many parts of the United States.
There is evidence that compounds found in high concentrations in the heartwood of larch tree cells, called arabinogalactans, are even more immunoactive than extracts of Echinacea. Laboratory studies further suggest that larch arabinogalactans stimulate important markers of immune function.
A recent clinical study showed that larch heartwood extract helped support the immune system’s natural ability to achieve a state of immune readiness.*
By providing the full DV of Zinc
• Zinc Present in virtually all cells in the body. zinc works as a triggering agent, or catalyst, for the activation and use of over 200 different enzymes whose functions range from making the genetic materials DNA and RNA to helping with the metabolism of fatty acids. Zinc also contributes to growth and development, and is important for proper immune system support and function.
Why Choose Shaklee Defend & Resist Complex?
• Exclusive blend of immunoactive ingredients shown to stimulate the body’s natural resistance during seasonal challenges*
Try These Other Great Shaklee Products:
• Formulated with standardized extracts to provide the levels of phytonutrients reflected in the scientific literature
• Can be swallowed, dissolved in the mouth, then chewed, or crushed and made into a tea
• Pleasant, blueberry-like flavor, derived from the natural extract of the fruit of the black elderberry
• Energizing Soy Protein
• Nutriferon Immune Protection
• Zinc Complex
• Optiflora® Two-Product System
* THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE,TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
For more information about immune system supplement please click on the link title below:
If you need more information about strengthen weak immune system and how to keep your body healthy, you will find a very informative website at http://natural-health.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sku=20613.
immune system supplement | strengthen weak immune system | shaklee products | how to maintain a healthy immune system | how to keep your body healthy