Americans just don't get enough vitamin D. In fact, recent research studies suggests that up to 80% of people in the U.S. have insufficient levels of this essential nutrient, which offers a multitude of health benefits.
Lack of sun exposure. We're in a double D-lemma because getting too much sunshine has its own health risks.
Vitamin D is considered the “sunshine vitamin” because it’s produced as sunlight touches your skin. Our busy workdays keep us indoors most of the time, preventing us from seeing much of the sun. And protective covering such as sunscreens and clothing inhibit vitamin D synthesis. While modifying your diet is another way to up your vitamin D intake, most people don’t get enough vitamin D from diet alone.
ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH VITAMIN D?
Vita-D3 - Sun in a Bottle
Add some sunshine to your day—and your health! Vitamin D plays a major role in protecting your health and is vital for overall well-being. Boost your level of vitamin D with Shaklee Vita-D3. This vitamin D supplement contains 1,000 IU of high potency vitamin D3, the most potent form of vitamin D.
Studies show this essential nutrient helps:
• Support healthy heart function
• Promote immune system health
• Facilitate healthy cell development
• Maintain strong bones and teeth by increasing calcium absorption
TOP OF THE LINE NUTRITION
Shaklee Vita-D3 is the culmination of recent scientific research, including two Shaklee industry-leading vitamin D studies. Supplemental vitamin D is clinically supported and proven to significantly raise blood levels of vitamin D.
There's lots of Vitamin D supplements out there, but....
WHAT MAKES VITA-D3 FROM SHAKLEE DIFFERENT?
THE SHAKLEE DIFFERENCE
The differences are actually in three divisions: Safety, Efficiency, and Environmentally. Shaklee Vita-D3 is:
✔ Tested for purity and potency
✔ Star-K kosher certified
✔ Gluten free
✔ Contains high potency vitamin D3
✔ Based on cutting-edge nutrition science
✔ Recyclable packaging
✔ Soy-based inks
✔ No bisphenol-A used in packaging
FACTS ABOUT VITAMIN D
• Vitamin D is present in certain fish and fortified foods such as cow’s milk, orange juice, and breakfast cereals. However, it is difficult to get adequate amounts of vitamin D through diet alone.
• Due to insufficient exposure to sunlight, people who live farther from the equator have a greater risk of having insufficient vitamin D levels than those who live near it.
• Even weak sunscreens (SPF 8) can inhibit vitamin D production by up to 95%.
• The older you are, the more vitamin D you need. With age, your body becomes less efficient in converting vitamin D to a form it can use.
• People with darker skin are more susceptible to having insufficient vitamin D levels.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER TAKING VITA-D3?
Men, women, and adolescents ages 16 and older who:
• May not get adequate sun exposure
• May not get enough vitamin D from their diet
• People with dietary difficulties or who are on a diet
• Live farther from the equator
• Are overweight or obese
• Don’t exercise regularly
• Have darker skin pigmentation